Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cozy is...Sarah Hinckley

Entryway in Christine Gillespie's cozy California cottage

Gillespie's office space

Her prized oyster painting

Sarah Hinckley's painting in Gillespie's lovely breakfast room

This past week, I received the current issue of House Beautiful.  The cover story and theme of the issue is cozy decorating for every style.  The feature takes us on a tour through 4 homes ranging from a Connecticut farmhouse to a California cottage, all designed by four of the nation's best interior designer whose styles vary from clean-lined modern to quirky whimsical. It is a great read and I highly suggest picking up a copy.

Since I am still figuring out what design style to "call my own", I always love flipping through the shelter magazines and finding my favorite homes.  In this issue, that home was the California cottage of interior designer Christine Gillespie (who I couldn't find a website for?).  I love her use of art as a centerpiece for all of her rooms from the entryway to the kitchen.  As if this house couldn't get any better, when I turned the page to see the breakfast room, I noticed a painting by Emily Amy Gallery artist, Sarah Hinckley!  Oh, how I have house envy....anyone else?

No comments: