Thursday, October 23, 2008

Kind of a big deal




Cecil Touchon, Fusion Series 2611, 6" x 4", Collage



So, thanks to all of your recommendations, this week I purchased Domino: The Book of Decorating to add to my collection of interior design books.  I would highly suggest it.  It is filled with how-to's and great large format color photos of some of the most beautiful rooms I have ever seen.

You can imagine my surprise when I was flipping through Chapter 6, The Bedroom, and discovered a collage by one of my gallery artists, Cecil Touchon!!!  On pages 158-161, there is a feature they dub 'The Domino Effect" that highlights real-life rooms of Domino staffers.  Low and behold, in the graphic designer's bedroom, she has a painting by Cecil Touchon...one of Emily Amy Gallery's artists.  Who would've thought?  

This is kind of a big deal.

1 comment:

Brilliant Asylum said...

How cool! These Cecil Touchon collages are incredible. I am so glad I know where to get one now!
: )